Location: Bath, UK
Salary: Competitive compensation based on experience.
Here at Pixie we have built a new kind of app, one that allows you to discover, pay and earn loyalty points in all those hard to find indie businesses. We have ambitions to change communities on a global scale, getting people back out into their neighbourhoods exploring amazing and diverse independent shops and businesses. We love what we do and we’re on the lookout for super-talented React Native Engineers to help shape Pixie for an ever-growing audience.
About the role
Your primary responsibility will be to add features, fix issues and improve performance of the apps, and to coordinate and collaborate with everyone in the Pixie team, as well as customers to make this happen. Therefore a personable and engaging approach to teamwork is essential, as is a commitment to self-improvement, continuous learning and a desire to maintain the highest quality standards.
What you will be doing?
- Work on our Pixie and Pixie Register apps, engineered using React Native and Redux
- Make product decisions and manage user stories from the backlog with the Product Owner
- Write tests for your code
- Automate builds and unit tests using CI/CD
- Manage product(s) following Scrum principles
What you will need for this role?
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
- Proficiency in native app development for iOS or Android using Java, Objective C or Swift
- Ideal but not essential: Experience using Redux infrastructure in a React Native app
If this sounds like you, please submit your application for our review.