Grow and develop a next-generation company that gets people out exploring a global community of independent businesses, all through their smartphone.
Join a fast-growing and fully funded startup for a marketplace for independent businesses, rapidly expanding into new geographical locations in the UK and internationally.
Location: Bath, UK
Salary: Competitive, Full Time Role
Experience: Min. 2 years
Here at Pixie we've built a new kind of app, one that allows you to discover, pay and earn loyalty points in all those hard to find indie businesses. We have ambitions to change communities on a global scale, getting people back out into their neighbourhoods exploring amazing and diverse independent shops and businesses. We love what we do and we’re on the lookout for a super-talented UX/UI Designer to help shape Pixie for an ever-growing audience.
About the role
You will be integral in steering Pixie in the right direction from a UX and UI perspective, working closely with the development team and a designer based in Prague and Bath, to collaborate to further grow the Pixie app. You will be responsible for setting the UX agenda to ensure Pixie is constantly evolving to user needs and wants.
What you will be doing?
- Plan, conduct and evaluate user research with business owners, app and website users
- Use this research to develop wire frames and prototype new features for Pixie's apps and website
- Design user journeys
- Perform user testing to evaluate app and website features
- Work with developers and stakeholders to understand what's achievable, and to communicate your ideas, wireframes and prototypes effectively with others
- Use your knowledge and experience to raise awareness of UX best practice to all team members
What you will need to fulfill this role
- You've designed the user experience for mobile apps
- You've worked in a product-driven company or a creative agency
- You will be user focused and be able to build powerful and engaging prototypes to satisfy user needs
- Not be scared to push the boundaries to deliver creative UX designs and thinking
- Apply design thinking and user-centred design methods to simplify complex problems
- Continually showcasing new concepts and ideas that challenge your colleagues and team to think critically about new features and problem solving
- Good knowledge of mobile app and desktop web usability best practices as well as responsive and adaptive design approaches
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of interaction design principles and standards
- Willing to travel to Prague/Bath (dependent on your location) to meet and work alongside the wider team
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with remote teams
- four and a half day work week
- small % of wages paid in Pixie
- international travel oppourtunities
- off campus work days
- share options
- birthdays off
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV with your portfolio for us to review.