Location: Poole, UK
Salary: Competitive compensation based on experience.
Here at Pixie we've built a new kind of app, one that allows you to discover, pay and earn loyalty points in all those hard to find indie businesses. We have ambitions to change communities on a global scale, getting people back out into their neighbourhoods exploring amazing and diverse independent shops and businesses. We love what we do and we’re on the lookout for a super-talented Full Stack Engineer to help shape Pixie for an ever-growing audience.
About the role
As a senior full-stack engineer you'll work with everything from front-end HTML, CSS and JS to server-side C# and several different data stores including SQL Server, Azure Table Storage and Algolia. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop web-based applications and APIs, and to coordinate and collaborate with everyone in the Pixie team, as well as customers to make this happen. Therefore a personable and engaging approach to teamwork is essential, as is a commitment to self-improvement, continuous learning and a desire to maintain the highest quality standards.
What you will be doing?
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally with the Pixie Team (technical and non-technical), customers and business owners
- Work closely with the development team based in our offices in Poole
- Collaborate with the product owner to understand and contribute to our agile backlog of user stories
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reliable web applications at scale
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Seek to understand the business imperative behind projects and use this to guide development
- Assist and mentor other development team members
- Keep up to date with technology and development trends, and share what you’ve learned with others
What you will need for this role?
- A history of successful projects where you’ve played an instrumental role, especially web applications that have scaled
- Experience writing and maintaining modular, testable code using test driven development
- An appetite and aptitude for problem-solving
- A strong understanding of C# and the .net framework
- Experience of using frameworks and libraries such as ASP.net MVC, WebAPI, Entity Framework Code-first
- Experience developing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases & search systems e.g. SQL Server, Azure Table Storage, Algolia
- A strong understanding of web application security
- An understanding and desire to work within Agile software development practices
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Experience of writing fintech software is a huge bonus
- Experience using and configuring cloud hosting services such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience using continuous integration and continuous delivery
- CMS experience, especially Umbraco
- Any evidence of your passion for building great software
If this sounds like you, please submit your application for our review.