Do you love social media? Do you have a strategic mind and a passion for meaningful communication? We are looking for a social media intern to own and drive our mission through the social channels; a natural explorer who is passionate about independent businesses and creating a more local world.
What is Pixie?
We've built a new kind of app, one that allows you to explore, discover, pay and be rewarded across multiple independent businesses. Pixie is an exciting combination of payment system, travel platform and innovative tech start-up. At the heart of Pixie is a commitment to seek out and use independent businesses, both in our own community and in others we are visiting. The basic tenet of our philosophy is a deep appreciation of independent businesses, their owners, communities and a strong motivation to help solve the consumer crisis. We have ambitions to change communities on a global scale, getting people back out into their neighbourhoods exploring amazing and diverse independent shops and businesses.
Our mission at Pixie is to create a more local world. Getting people back in to communities, exploring and connecting with each other.
- Development and implementation of social media strategy
- Management of social media channels
- Content creation
- Customer services through social channels
- Business support
- Copy writing and review
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with previous experience in marketing who will thrive in our high energy, entrepreneurial but ultimately target-driven environment
- Experience seekers, who enjoy a challenge and love meeting new people every day
- Someone who knows their own community well and has a passion for local independent businesses
- Someone with energy and determination to build on our momentum.
- Independent workers who can manage their time productively
- Someone social media savvy with creative communication skills
- Team players who will nurture relationships across their own network and that of independent businesses
- Someone who is open to discussion of different ideas and views; welcomes and solicits feedback
- Someone with a continuous improvement mind-set who champions best practices.
- A person with low ego, happy to lead from the front and roll up sleeves if necessary
- Full time role
- £20-25k depending on experience
- 32 days holiday per year
- Dog friendly office
- Love exploring and be paid to do it
- opportunities to develop as a member of the core team
Pixie Values - we are:
- provocative with an independent mind that remains accountable for our actions
- pioneers, exploring and innovating to achieve our full potential
- a classless team where it is safe to make mistakes and uniqueness is valued
- transparent, at times direct, but always honest
- mission led, our mission is at the centre of everything we do